Tuesday 6 July 2010

Spam Leaking In

Lately, this blog has been targeted by spammers. To be precise, Chinese speaking spammers with Google/Blogger accounts. It appears that somewhere in China (or Singapore?), individuals are creating Google/Blogger accounts for the express purpose of being able to put spam into comments on blogs like mine that require users to have such an account in order to comment.

I know this is not Google/Blogger's fault. But it would be nice to have an option to not just reject a comment, but also flag the commenter as a suspicious account for Blogger to investigate. Maybe one day.

In the meanwhile, to my spamming 'friends', I say: STFUAPO!

Addendum: in light of the fact that spam comments have continued, and I'm tired of seeing them appear in my inbox for moderation, I've limited comments to blog members (i.e. me.) Anyone wanting to comment for now will need to email me instead.

No comments: